Saturday, August 25, 2007

Finally!








Happy...happy...happy!!*wink*

After a loooong wait, finally my notebook, Dell Inspiron 1420 is here!! It arrived yesterday, a day earlier than expected, and it made me wear my happy grin all day long. I know I sounded like an excited kindergarten kid who just got her new Barbie doll . Indeed I feel like one! hehe.


I have to tell you guys, how frustrating it is when I do not have my own PC. Especially in this busy uni time of the year. Assignments, reports, presentation etc..etc, of which, all need the help of computer to be completed. And as we are living in the world that fully dependent on this technology, not having a computer is like living without shoes (what a comparison!). Imagine this, you can still walk without your shoes right? But it is a really inconvenience experience, walking around without some kind of protection for your feet. So, similar with computer, you still can live without it, but it just add on the miseries in your life (I'm talking through experience here =P).

Purchasing this notebook wasn't an exciting experience, either. After successfully ordered it online, I was expecting to halt the suffering of not having a notebook just within a week or if unlucky, maybe two weeks. Unfortunately, the company was having shortage of some parts of the notebook, and they had me waited for a MONTH!

I had to chase them (okay,.. not chasing as they kinda a virtual company), I had to call and send them emails to ask them about the progress of my order. The worst part is, they didn't even notify me about the long delay. Yes, they sent me email that the order was delayed and gave me a date of the expected delivery. But the date was two weeks before the actual delivery! With frustration and and annoyance, I called them and after a long conversation, the sales lady had put my order in the priority list. That basically means right after they received the parts, they gonna assemble mine first. Hurm, how genuine is that, I'm not really sure, but the main thing is I've got it with me now. *Grin*

With this notebook, I can say I'm pretty much satisfied with it. As you would already know, I'm not a pro when it comes to computers and all, so let just talk about the physical and look of the notebook first (which I'm good at hehe). The colour is pink, and I like this kind of shade as it doesn't look too girlish. But, the colour is only on the outside, so it is just for others to admire but not the user. The keyboard I would say is very comfortable for typing and the sound speaker isn't too bad. I always wanted a small and a light notebook, and with this model it satisfies both criteria. And most important the price is within the budget!

Okay, last but not least some info about the notebook:
Memory: 1Gb Hard Drive: 120Gb Processor: Intel® Centrino® Duo Processor Technology (1.5GHz) Operating system: Windows Vista

Overall, I think those specs are just suitable with the works I always do with the computer, no need of the extravagance specs. I hope now I can do my work in peace. By the way, did I mention I'm typing this entry with my new notebook?

Haha, okay enough of lame expressions.

Till then, ta!


8 comments:

thecuriousmind said...

wowz..nice pink laptop! I would choose a yellow one kot..semangat rumah Siti Zawiah..haha..poyo jek..

Anonymous said...

PINK!

Anonymous said...

i just noticed the address..dari MALAYSIA!! haha padan ah lambat. :P
but it looks nice. not as girly as i expected itd be. take good care of it.

Anonymous said...

wahhh..lawa siottt laptop tuh! 1GB RAM tu sangat laa cool. :D

c@myK@m|L said...

ilma: haha..pink nih kire mahsuri la kan

rahmah: yup, from msia!this pink tak gediks sgt la..which is good! heh

farid: cool la kots. heheks

thecuriousmind said...

eh..ko bli dr dell msia ke dell OZ?

c@myK@m|L said...

mamau, i bought from dell OZ but it is manufactured and shipped from msia.

Anonymous said...

pink!!! pink is all that I see!!! nice laptop!