Friday, May 27, 2011

My first time

*A catchy title, isn't it? heee*

Yay, tomorrow I will be going for my first conference! Not a huge thing because it's going to be my first tiny baby step! Since it's my first time going conference don't expect me to go across the seas or anywhere further, I will only be heading east tomorrow. Oh, I will also be presenting poster for my study. Tadaaaa...., presenting my poster!





At last, it is completed after some sleepless nights, fuhhh. A hard work it is, of course for me, a beginner. My two supervisors commented, 'excellent', 'perfect' and 'very well done'. Yay! Or maybe they gave compliments just because they were expecting worst? Haha. Whatever it is, it still makes me feel good, even my face is now almost looking like a panda (due to not enough sleep that is).

Presenting my study in this conference wasn't easy, since I haven't actually completed the whole study at that time. The dateline for submitting the abstract for the conference was during my exam period. During that time I haven't even analyzed my results! But, I know I really need to attend because I know this is the place I would gain a lot of experience. Furthermore, during this time I still have my supervisors aka my sifu to guide. As a student, making a mistake means making a progress. Says who? Says me! Haha. After the exam, I still have 2 reports to be completed in a week. 200 pages for each report. Crazy, no? Sleepless nights again for the report before able to focus on my study.

Right after my report submission, I was begging the conference person to allow me to submit my abstract, hehe. A kind person he is, he gave permission! I remembered he said to me, 'No one is forcing you to present, you know. You can always present at other conferences.' 'True enough, but I prefer to torture myself now,' I said quietly, without realizing how bad the torture was until recently! Haha. Anyway, my study just a simple study, but still, it's blood, sweat and tears, you know.

Did you notice, ChiChi in the picture? He's the one who accompany me during my study time. Thanks the one who gave it to me! He probably need new friends haha *wink*

Ok, need my precious sleep. Toodles!

1 comment:

Farah Haida said...

My God. Aku bace pon stress.